Covid UPDATED 08/09
Our fellow Trekkies,
“Thank you” – James, Susy and Leo.
Useful questions and answers
How we’re dealing with Covid-19 in greece
As we’re sure you can all appreciate, the current situation is moving extremely quickly, so different options are presenting themselves at every corner. Rest assured, the impact on your holiday with us will be minimal and there are just a few things to be aware of whilst you’re here with us.
HOLIDAYS DEPARTING SEPTEMBER & October
- We are looking forward to welcoming guests on what we are sure will be a much-needed holiday.
- All our standard payment terms and cancellation policies still apply.
- Please contact us on email@example.com to discuss your options as we will of course look at each booking on a case by case basis to help if we can.
IF YOUR FLIGHT HAS BEEN CANCELLED
- You have a separate contract with your flight provider. If your flight is cancelled, your airline is obliged to offer an alternative route/date or a full refund. Please also contact your insurance provider to make a claim fro “holiday curtailment” due to the flight cancellation.
- Anyone who has booked a holiday and taken out our recommended travel insurance during the booking process prior to 11th March should be fully covered if flights are cancelled.
- We believe most travel insurance policies offer the same provisions, but everyone should check with their own insurance providers.
- To see our recommended travel insurance providers (MPI Brokers) updated Coronavirus policy, please click here
Are we taking new bookings ?
- Yes of course, 2021 deferred bookings and new bookings are coming in thick and fast. If you would like to plan your next holiday we are happy to help. You can book with confidence, your money will be financially protected.
- You can check availability, prices and boo online here https://trek-adventures.co.uk/book-online/
Is your Booking Safe ?
One of the most onerous responsibilities is the need to provide security for our passengers’ holiday payments prior to and up to the completion of the holiday in the event of the financial failure of the organiser.
Trek-Adventures work with International Passenger Protection Limited who have negotiated an exclusive contract with major international insurers, together with re-insurers, whose combined assets exceed £100 billion, to provide cover to comply with the new legislation.