What qualifications do I need?
To charter a yacht in Greece as part of a flotilla or independently you will need a qualified skipper on board, and a competent crew member. The ICC ( International Certificate of Competence ) is probably the best ticket to have as it is widely recognised by the authorities here on the islands. This, or the Day Skipper practical certificates are the minimum required.
Feeling a bit rusty?
Many of our guests sometimes feel their skills aren’t quite ship-shape when they arrive for their flotilla holiday. After the morning briefing on day 1, there is the opportunity to practise your mooring skills under the guidance of our brilliant crew.
Skipper on Board
If you think you would like some further assistance for your first day of sailing, then an instructor can join you on board for the day and help you ease into the sailing.
Skipper on board is £125 per yacht (subject to staff availability)
Flotilla Brush Up
If you already have some practical yacht sailing experience but would like to brush up further on your skills, or need an ICC qualification, we can offer an instructor onboard your flotilla yacht for 2 or 3 days. After the course you will be able to confidently skipper a yacht under the guidance of our lead crew, putting all your new-found skills into practice.
Should you choose the flotilla brush-up, the instructor will be on board during the day but off the yacht at night so you still have your privacy.
£295 per yacht supplement / ICC Supplement €110 (subject to staff availability and ICC supplement only available at certain times of year)
Never sailed before?
We offer a pre-flotilla training week for beginners where you can gain an ICC as part of the holiday, have a look at our Learn to Sail holidays.
Need to Renew your Certificates?
Renewing your certificates is a relatively simple process, however, it can take up to 6 weeks, so please allow plenty of time before your holiday in order to do this, bearing in mind that our staff will need to see copies of your certificates at least two weeks before you travel.
- State that you wish to revalidate your certificate (so they know how to proceed once they receive your email)
- Provide your IYT ID number (provided to you after creating a profile when you originally completed your certificate)
- Scan and attach a copy of the existing certificate you wish to revalidate
2. An order and invoice will be created in their system and emailed to you for payment. A payment link will be included which will allow you to make payment securely online via credit card or PayPal.
3. Once you have completed your payment, the order will be reviewed, processed, and shipped.
Note: The current fee for a renewal is $125.00 plus shipping (airmail is free but not traceable, courier fee varies by location). It can take up to six weeks for them to complete the processing/shipment.