KEFALONIA FULL SEASON
Employment from April/May until end September/October
In this exciting and independent role you will be involved with our very popular Learn to Sail holidays, for couples/friends/families who have very little sailing experience. In 6 days we aim to get our clients confident yacht sailors. The first 3 days the clients have their own skipper on-board their own boat, followed by 3 days sailing independently. At the end of the week the clients have the option to do an ICC test.
The yacht manager is to oversee all Sea-trek operations. To manage the staff/operations and all syllabus’ under the IYT. A huge part of the Trek team and will be the face of our company for Sea-Trek. Ensuring the staff and guests are happy throughout the season.
Key persons who you will be working alongside include our Kefalonia Manager, Beach Club Manager, Hotel Manager and yacht Trainers.
With up to 40 people per week of various ages/abilities/backgrounds on the yachts; excellent customer service and a friendly approachable style is incredibly important.
Flexibility in the job role is required as you are likely to undertake duties that are outside your normal role.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Set up (Refit) and Pack down for Yachts – Organization – Logistics and delivery of yachts
- Overseeing all 3 day courses under the IYT syllabus (ICC) on up to 7 yachts, ensuring that Instructors are running courses accordingly.
- Working on coursework and tests. Running 3 day courses every week.
- On free sailing days on duty cover making sure clients are happy to sail by themselves and briefing them on the conditions.
- Rescue cover in our support ribs for the free sailing days.
- On change around day supervising and helping cleaners and also working closely with our Sailing Manager so that the yachts are presented in a first class order and fully functioning. Welcoming and showing guests on board yachts on arrival with a comprehensive arrival/safety briefing
- You may be called upon when off duty to help.
- Approachable, friendly, professional and flexible are all qualities that are required for the job.
- Some socialising in the evenings is expected on certain evenings.
- Implement pre-season training
- Print Exams/IYT Materials/apply for ICC and Competant crew/Data entry log of who took what/paid/dates applied for etc
- Sort deliveried/collection for laundry
- Responsible for a minimal amount of day to day admin and bookkeeping. Primarily change around day paperwork, any money received for ICCs and Merchandise sales.
- Liaise with Kefalonia Manager over spending and accounts.
- Act as a Supervisory presence for clients and staff at all times.
- Yachtmaster qualification (preferably commercially endorsed )
- Extensive Yacht Maintenance experience
- Yachting/Dinghy Teaching experience
- RYA Powerboat L2
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Previous experience working on yachts
- Previous customer service experience
- Skilled in safety and on the water rescue techniques
- Up to date with the watersports industry
- Competent Swimmer
- Good Team Member
- Over 25 years of age and hold a UK National Insurance and UK Bank Account
- Valid UK Driving License (desirable)
What we offer
- Competitive salary with benefits
- Return flights to/from UK (London airports)
- 1 Day off per week
- Friends and family holiday discount (out of high season school holiday periods)
- Progressive training
We pride ourselves in offering our staff a different experience than the larger watersports clubs. If you want to experience living in Greece and immersing yourself in Greek culture in a small community, you will love this job.
All ages are welcome to apply for this position. But please bear in mind that this job is suitable for someone who is happy to work within a small team, sometimes unsupervised. As well as working with our English team, you will be working alongside the local Greeks. Independence and maturity are therefore essential.
Does this sound like you?
Please send us an up to date CV along with a picture of yourself to: email@example.com . Please ensure you clearly indicate the dates you are available from/to, and include full contact details along with you DOB. Interviews will be held in Kingsbridge – Devon, or via Skype.