DAY YACHT SKIPPER
May – September
If you are fun, outgoing and confident being a day yacht skipper with Trek-Adventures could be for you! This is a very varied role in which you will organise your own time and be flexible with daily activities.
We are happy to hear from both experienced and newly qualified Day Skippers. We provide guidance and training through the season with the option to gain more qualifications.
You will be based on the Greek island Kefalonia where we have 2 yacht bases and two Beach Clubs. You will be working amongst all 4 locations making it a really varied role.
We provide a great package alongside being part of our little family. Basic accommodation, food allowance, pub bikes, opportunities to gain qualifications and ability to earn commission daily.
Key RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- You will look after your yacht for the season – making sure it is well equipped and maintained to our standards
- Provide an experience on our day yacht for either half or full days to clients. Guests may or may not have qualifications. Sometimes you will be showing guests onto the yacht and helping them in if they would like bareboat.
- Working as a team on the beach and at the yacht store.
- Happy to work on your own and overcome challenges. (There will always be assistance where needed)
- Ensure high standard of safety for guests and other staff members.
- At all times maintain efficient communication with Activity Manager and Activity Assistant
- Provide an in depth briefing to guests for safety and for them to gain the most out of the experience.
- Be extremely flexible and prepared to work both on the beach and at the yachts where needed.
- Potentially help with set up preseason and pack down at the end of season
- IYT/RYA Day Skipper
- RYA Power Boat level 2
- Previous teaching experience desirable
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Boat maintenance knowledge advantageous
- Skilled safety and water rescue techniques
- Ability to work well within a team
- Clean and tidy appearance
- Competent Swimmer
- Good Team Member
- Over 18 years of age and hold a UK National Insurance and Bank Account
- Valid UK Driving License (desirable)
- Competitive salary with benefits
- Shared Accommodation
- Lunches provided on days working. Allowance for breakfast
- Return flights to/from UK (London airports)
- Free use of beach equipment
- 1 Day off per week
- Friends and family holiday discount (out of high season school holiday periods)
- Ongoing training
- Integrity and a to be proud to work for Trek-Adventures
- A mature approach to working with a small team
- Flexibility is key
- Great organisation skills
- Self-motivation is needed!
- On-time, all the time
- Fantastic organisational skills
- Able to work under some pressure and solve problems
We pride ourselves in offering our staff a different experience. If you want to experience living in Greece and immersing yourself in Greek culture in a small community, you will love this job.
Please bear in mind that this job is suitable for someone who is happy to work within a small team, sometimes unsupervised. As well as working with our English team, you will be working alongside the local Greeks. Independence and maturity are therefore essential.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
Please send us an up to date CV along with a picture of yourself to email@example.com. Please ensure you clearly indicate the dates you are available from/to and include full contact details along with your DOB. Interviews will be held in Kingsbridge – Devon, or via Skype.