Flotilla Skipper/Activity Manager/Operations Manager
April – October (time may be extended over winter)
A handy person that can fix any of fleet of yachts, boats and kit, enthusiastic and capable to learn on the job. You will manage all kit within our 2 Beach Clubs and 2 yacht bases, being responsible for the upkeep and standards of maintenance.
Working closely alongside the Flotilla skipper you will look after the fleet of yachts and upkeep them to a high standard.
Working with the Assistant Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day maintenance of the fleet of watersports equipment, keeping standards maintained to a very high level.
You will oversee communications and keeping logs of work done/work needed/spares needed/warranties etc. You will request spares when needed. As well as weekly checks you will do monthly thorough checks of both yacht fleets, Watersports kits and outboard engines. You will send reports back to Operations when complete.
Key RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Help Managers with set up and pack down (Beach Club and Yachts)
- Monthly in-depth checks
- Logbook of all works
- Spares order requests
- Help with any ongoing day to day maintenance of all Learn to Sail yachts including marine systems, engines, electrics, plumbing, sails and rigging – prior experience not necessary. Liaising with Sailing Manager over repairs/spares.
- Upkeep of yacht base facilities and store
- In Constant contact with Manager for maintenance forms
- Maintain and ensure high standards of beach/yacht equipment is in working order
- Changeover day maintenance for all clubs and yachts (go wherever needed most)
- Weekly maintenance checks – all to be complete and sent to head office
- Assist with changeover days if no maintenance needed
- Acquire/order spares – Will oversee local suppliers (hardware store etc)
- Step into a staff role if needed
- Maintain and complete any dinghy/wind surfboard/sail repairs
- Maintain staff vehicle
- Fuel runs – In charge of fuel and records
- Take all paperwork to Agia Efima (Flotilla base)
- Experience in the watersports industry
- Mechanical Experience (engine)
- Teaching Experience
- Willingness to work
- Power Boat Level 2
- Yachting Experience
- Dinghy/Windsurf Experience
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Clean and tidy appearance
- Valid UK Driving License (desirable)
- Over 25 years of age and hold a UK National Insurance and Bank Account
- Competitive salary with benefits
- Shared Accommodation
- Allowance for breakfast
- Return flights to/from UK (London airports)
- Free use of beach equipment
- 1 Day off per week
- Friends and family holiday discount (out of high season school holiday periods)
- Ongoing training with a chance to get qualifications
- Integrity and to be proud to work for Trek-Adventures
- Mature approach to working with a small team
- Flexibility is key
- Great organisation skills
- Self-motivation is needed!
- On-time, all the time
- Fantastic organisational skills
- Able to work under some pressure and solve problems
We pride ourselves in offering our staff a different experience. If you want to experience living in Greece and immersing yourself in Greek culture in a small community, you will love this job.
Please bear in mind that this job is suitable for someone who is happy to work within a small team, sometimes unsupervised. As well as working with our English team, you will be working alongside the local Greeks. Independence and maturity are therefore essential.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
Please send us an up to date CV along with a picture of yourself to email@example.com. Please ensure you clearly indicate the dates you are available from/to and include full contact details along with your DOB. Interviews will be held in Kingsbridge – Devon, or via Skype.