Shore Based Engineer
Yacht Manager and Watersports Resort Manager
April – October (time may be extended over winter)
This is a key position and a fantastic opportunity for a mature, self-motivated individual who can work independently but also work alongside a small team. You will organise the maintenance and upkeep of all the equipment within our 2 Beach Clubs and 2 Yacht Bases in Kefalonia, Greece.
Working very closely with the Yacht Manager and Watersports Resort Manager you will be responsible for the day to day maintenance of the small fleet of yachts, safety boats, company vehicles, rescue boats and watersports equipment, keeping standards maintained to a high level.
You’ll need the skills to diagnose and repair a variety of breakages across all our products, pre-order and replace essential spares and manage a small store / workshop.
We want to build and develop the maintenance skills of our existing water sports resort staff; therefore, you must be able to help others to perform regular maintenance checks. logs and put preventative systems in place to look after the equipment.
You’ll also need to work alongside our existing network of local trades when necessary, such as our outboard mechanic and GRP specialist for specific jobs.
if you’ve not specialised in yachts/dinghies before, don’t let that put you off from applying. Although you’ll need to be confident with diesel engines, 12-volt electrics and basic plumbing, over the years.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Work alongside managers with setup and pack down (Beach Club and Yachts)
- Upkeep of yacht base facilities, pontoon and store/workshop and tools
- Upkeep of beach store facilities and tools
- Travel to and from nearby clubs / bases as required
- Maintain and ensure high standards of yacht equipment and everything is kept in working order
- Maintain and ensure high standards of beach equipment and everything is kept in working order
- Ensure effective systems and preventative maintenance are put in place to look after the equipment across all products
- Ensure effective systems are put in place to log and report maintenance schedules/issues and report to local management
- Assist with changeover days across all products
- Acquire/order spares and work to budget – oversee local suppliers
- Maintain staff vehicles/trailers to a high standard
- Work alongside and maintain a happy working relationship with our existing network of local tradespersons and suppliers
- Organise fuel deliveries and work to a budget
- Mechanical experience (both diesel and outboards)
- 12V Electrical experience desirable
- GRP experience desirable
- Self-motivated and very organised
- Power Boat Level 2
- Yachting experience desirable
- Dinghy/Windsurf experience desirable
- Clean and tidy appearance
- Valid Driving License
- Over 25 years of age
What We Offer...
- Competitive salary with benefits
- Return flights to/from UK (London airports)
- 1 Day off per week
- Friends and family holiday discount (out of high season school holiday periods)
- Ongoing training, free use of equipment when available
The team is everything.
We are always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
We pride ourselves in offering our staff a different experience. If you want to experience living in Greece and immersing yourself in Greek culture in a small community, you will love this job.
Please bear in mind that this job is suitable for someone who is happy to work independently and within a small team. As well as working with our UK team, you will be working alongside the local Greeks. Independence and maturity are therefore essential.