CHIEF YACHT INSTRUCTOR
Activity Manager/Activity Assistant
April to October
If you are confident, able to direct a small team being the Chief Yacht Trainer with Trek-Adventures could be for you! You will be teaching and assisting guests on their sailing adventures with the view to gain qualifications along the way.
We are happy to hear from both experienced and newly qualified Yacht Trainers. We provide guidance and training through the season with the option to gain more qualifications.
You will be based on the Greek island Kefalonia where we have 2 yacht bases and two beach clubs. Your main base will be at Lixouri yacht base where we have our Learn to Sail boats.
We provide a great package alongside being part of our little family. Basic accommodation, food allowance, pub bikes, opportunities to gain qualifications and ability to earn commission daily.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- To direct all aspects of delivering the training in accordance with the operations manual.
- Welcoming and showing guests onboard yachts on arrival with a comprehensive arrival/safety briefing.
- The overall presentation of the fleet of yachts throughout the week with attention to detail
- Organise and mark tests with instructors and guests
- A small amount of admin – printing and dispersing paperwork
- Running 3-day intro to yacht sailing courses on 30′ to 36′ yachts under the IYT syllabus (ICC), and working with ICC coursework and tests.
- On free sailing days on duty cover making sure clients are happy to sail by themselves and briefing them on the conditions.
- Rescue cover in our support ribs for the free sailing days with on-going coaching and help mooring yachts in harbour and on anchor.
- Some socialising in the evenings is expected on certain evenings, both on the pontoon and at the beach club.
- General ongoing maintenance of the fleet of yachts with Yacht Supervisor.
- To maintain communication with fellow staff and management
- Be flexible in your job role and willing to assist in all other duties requested by your manager.
- RYA Coastal Skipper (Practical cert s a minimum) /Ideally Yacht Master / CS Endorsment
- Extensive Yacht Maintenance experience
- Yachting/Dinghy Teaching experience
- RYA Powerboat L2
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Previous experience working on yachts
- Previous customer service experience
- Skilled in safety and on the water rescue techniques
- Up to date with the watersports industry
- Competent Swimmer
- Good Team Member
- Over 25 years of age and hold a UK National Insurance and UK Bank Account
- Valid UK Driving License (desirable)
What we offer
- Competitive salary with benefits
- Return flights to/from UK (London airports)
- 1 Day off per week
- Friends and family holiday discount (out of high season school holiday periods)
- Progressive training
- Integrity and a to be proud to work for Trek-Adventures
- A mature approach to working with a small team
- Flexibility is key
- Great organisation skills
- Self-motivation is needed!
- On-time, all the time
- Fantastic organisational skills
- Able to work under some pressure and solve problems
We pride ourselves in offering our staff a different experience. If you want to experience living in Greece and immersing yourself in Greek culture in a small community, you will love this job.
Please bear in mind that this job is suitable for someone who is happy to work within a small team, sometimes unsupervised. As well as working with our English team, you will be working alongside the local Greeks. Independence and maturity are therefore essential.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
Please send us an up to date CV along with a picture of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure you clearly indicate the dates you are available from/to and include full contact details along with your DOB. Interviews will be held in Kingsbridge – Devon, or via Skype.