Chief Watersports Instructor
Activity Manager/Assistant Manager
May – September (Peak Season: July-September)
Working under the Activity Manager and Assistant Manager in this hands-on role, you will be responsible for the day to day Supervision and running of one of our Beach Clubs during the summer season. Organising clinics/cat-blasts, SUP excursions, and making sure there are fun activities for the guests every day. Overseeing the day to day of maintenance of the fleet of watersports equipment, keeping standards maintained to a very high level, safety for guests and staff is ensured and all courses are delivered to Trek guidelines and our operations standards. Excellent customer service and a friendly approachable style are incredibly important.
With up to 80 people per week of various ages/abilities/backgrounds at the club, good social skills along with patience are paramount. Flexibility in the job role is required as you are likely to undertake duties that are outside your normal role.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Working closely with the Activities Manager and Assistant Manager to set-up the beach and equipment at the start of the season and the layup at the end of the season. Managing and motivating a small team when long hours and hard work are expected throughout these periods.
- Risk Assessments and Health and Safety procedures put in place, and training prior to the start of the season and continually maintained and checked throughout the season.
- Work as part of a small team to pro-actively oversee the assistance to all guests both on the beach and on the water.
- Overseeing staff. Dealing with day to day matters that arise with running a small team. Ensuring that staff wear the company uniform and adhere to company policy.
- Welcome clients to Beach Club and provide welcome briefings.
- Day to Day maintenance of all equipment on beach. Check all kit is in good working order. Liaising with Chief Watersports Instructor over spares and repairs.
- Responsible for a minimal amount of day to day admin and bookkeeping. Primarily change around day paperwork, any money received for day passes and Merchandise sales. Liaise with Base Manager overspending and accounts.
- Act as a Supervisory presence for clients and staff at all times. Liaise with Managers over any guest feedback/and or criticism.
- RYA Senior Instructor (or at least 2 previous seasons)
- RYA Windsurf/Dinghy Instructor
- RYA Powerboat L2
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- ASI Sup Instructor L2 (desirable)
- RYA Multihull Endorsement (desirable)
- Yachting experience/Qualifications (desirable)
- Experience working and supervising a beach operation and safety standards
- Previous customer service experience
- Skilled in safety and on the water rescue techniques
- Up to date with the watersports industry
- Competent Swimmer
- Clean and tidy appearance
- Good Team Member
- Over 21 years of age and hold a UK National Insurance no. and UK Bank Account
- Valid UK Driving License (desirable)
- Competitive salary with benefits
- Shared Accommodation
- Lunches provided on days working. Allowance for breakfast
- Return flights to/from UK (London airports)
- Free use of beach equipment
- 1 Day off per week
- Friend and family holiday discount (out of high season school holiday periods)
- Use of any free yachts on days’ off
- Ongoing Training
- Integrity and a to be proud to work for Trek-Adventures
- A mature approach to working with a small team
- Flexibility is key
- Great organisation skills
- Self-motivation is needed!
- On-time, all the time
- Fantastic organisational skills
- Able to work under some pressure and solve problems
We pride ourselves in offering our staff a different experience. If you want to experience living in Greece and immersing yourself in Greek culture in a small community, you will love this job.
Please bear in mind that this job is suitable for someone who is happy to work within a small team, sometimes unsupervised. As well as working with our English team, you will be working alongside the local Greeks. Independence and maturity are therefore essential.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
Please send us an up to date CV along with a picture of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure you clearly indicate the dates you are available from/to and include full contact details along with your DOB. Interviews will be held in Kingsbridge – Devon, or via Skype.