BEACH No. 2
Chief Watersports Instructor/ Activity Assistant
May – September (Peak Season: July-September)
If you are looking for a great experience to show your potential as an SI and help run the beach..this is the job for you!
We are looking for confident people who have a passion for watersports. Day to day tasks will involve setting up of the beach/packing way at the beginning/end of day, working on the beach during its opening hours, ensuring all kit is available for our clients to enjoy the watersports that we have on offer and providing safety cove on the water. Helping to run any clinics and excursions that may be on offer each day.
Working with the Chief Watersports Instructor in this hands-on role, you will be responsible for the day to day maintenance of the fleet of watersports equipment, keeping standards maintained to a very high level, safety for guests, staff and swimmers is ensured and all courses are delivered to Trek-Advneture guidelines and our operations standards. Excellent customer service and a friendly approachable style is incredibly important.
Key persons who you will be working with include the Beach Club Manager, Beach Supervisor and local Hotel staff.
With up to 80 people per week of various ages/abilities/backgrounds at the club, good social skills along with patience are paramount. Flexibility in the job role is required as you are likely to undertake duties that are outside your normal role.
Key RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Cover Beach Chief Watersports Instructor when needed on days off and be the other point of call on the beach
- Helping with the set-up of the beach and equipment at the start of the season and the layup at the end of the season. Long hours and hard work are expected throughout these periods.
- Understanding the companies Risk Assessments and Health and Safety procedures and working to ensure they are continually adhered to throughout the season.
- Work as part of a small team to pro-actively assist all guests both on the beach and on the water.
- Day to Day maintenance of all equipment on beach. Check all kit is in good working order. Reporting to Beach Supervisor over spares and repairs.
- Working closely with local suppliers for the provision of services.
- Deliver the daily inclusive tuition clinics and any 1-1 tuition throughout the week (including on the water excursions/fun races).
- Help organise and host some evenings, help deliver briefings and interact with guests at all times.
- Help organise additional activities such as Scuba Diving, Water Skiing, Yoga, Beach Volley Comps and on the water Excursions.
- RYA Instructors certificates in either dinghy, windsurf or both
- RYA Power Boat level 2
- Previous teaching experience desirable
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Boat maintenance knowledge advantageous
- Ability to work well within a team
- Skilled safety and water rescue techniques
- Clean and tidy appearance
- Competent Swimmer
- Good Team Member
- Over 18 years of age and hold a UK National Insurance and Bank Account
- Valid UK Driving License (desirable)
- Competitive salary with benefits
- Shared Accommodation
- Lunches provided on days working. Allowance for breakfast
- Return flights to/from UK (London airports)
- Free use of beach equipment
- 1 Day off per week
- Friends and family holiday discount (out of high season school holiday periods)
- Ongoing training
- Integrity and a to be proud to work for Trek-Adventures
- A mature approach to working with a small team
- Flexibility is key
- Great organisation skills
- Self-motivation is needed!
- On time, all the time
- Fantastic organisational skills
- Able to work under some pressure and solve problems
We pride ourselves in offering our staff a different experience. If you want to experience living in Greece and immersing yourself in Greek culture in a small community, you will love this job.
Please bear in mind that this job is suitable for someone who is happy to work within a small team, sometimes unsupervised. As well as working with our English team, you will be working alongside the local Greeks. Independence and maturity are therefore essential.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
Please send us an up to date CV along with a picture of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure you clearly indicate the dates you are available from/to and include full contact details along with your DOB. Interviews will be held in Kingsbridge – Devon, or via Skype.