Watersports Assistant Supervisor
Watersports Resorts Manager / Watersports Supervisor
Full Season: May to September / Peak Season: July to September
For this important position, we’re looking for enthusiastic and approachable individuals with a substantial level of experience in the watersports industry. You’ll be supporting the Supervisor to create a fun, professional and safe environment in which to deliver a range of activities to all of our guests. This is a hands-on role where you will be responsible for the day to day procedures that happen at the Beach Club. With the support and guidance of your Supervisor, you will assist a team of approximately 6 staff in ensuring that all processes and procedures are fulfilled.
The primary aim of your team is to provide a fun, educational and safe environment for our customers to enjoy watersports on a day to day basis. Your key role within the team will be to develop systems that ensure the centre is strictly adhering to Trek and RYA guidelines. You must have experience of working with RYA procedures. You will need to oversee an organised daily routine for both yourself and your team. For example each day you will need to ensure that: equipment is set up on time, maintenance issues are reported, cleaning duties are fulfilled, powerboat checks are carried out and safety equipment is invented. You will also be required to teach and your teaching sessions must be of the highest standard in order that you are leading by example. When not teaching you may be in the powerboat, in the safety tower, carrying our maintenance or supervising the beach activities as a whole.
In all that you do you will need to lead by example and have a positive approach to your work. You will help your Supervisor to motivate the team and promote a positive team spirit. Whenever possible, you will ensure that you contribute to staff training requests and assist in the general development of your teams skills. Your hours maybe a little longer than your staff, but you need to remain motivated at all times.
Whilst your RYA Senior Instructor qualification is not an essential prerequisite of this role, we are looking to employ assistant supervisors that have the ambition to become Senior Instructors. We will gladly offer support and training to help you meet this aim. In time we would hope your ambition is to apply for the role of Supervisor.
All watersports staff have a customer-facing role and as such excellent customer service and a friendly approachable style are incredibly important. You must always promote the centre in a positive and professional way. This applies both in and out of working hours. You are a role model to your teammates.
There will also be small administrative duties. These will generally be dictated by a weekly checklist and will include such tasks as recording boat checks, simulator checks, reviewing accident forms, filing guest paperwork etc. This role requires organisational skills, an eagerness to learn and an honest hard-working mindset. Training will be given but it is important to know that you will soon be taking on key responsibilities within the team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
(This list is not exhaustive)
- Teach a variety of sessions, to a high standard, to a range of age groups and ability levels
- Provide professional safety cover from a powerboat or safety tower
- Contribute to daily staff meetings
- Ensure equipment is ready on time for all sessions
- Ensure equipment is in good working order
- Help mentor staff to deliver exceptional lessons in a variety of conditions, with a variety of guests
- Be a key holder and be responsible for centre security
- Deal with customer enquiries
- Complete your daily and weekly beach checklists
- Perform all duties on the watersports instructor job description
- Assist with staff training
- Ensure RYA standards are met at all times
- Ensure Trek guidelines are strictly adhered to
- Cash handling
- Motivate staff to do their jobs to the best of their abilities
- Monitor staff house rules
- Assist with daytime and evening guest social events, such as BBQ’s and volleyball
- Assisting with promotion and delivery of non-inclusive events, such as Yoga, Boat trips or Scuba Diving
- All staff will need to provide their own sun protection – including sunglasses, sun hat and sun cream. You will be expected to make use of these on a daily basis and demonstrate excellent sun care sense to all our guests. As a professional watersports instructor, this should be second nature.
- Carry out first aid duties
- Clearly understand emergency action plans
- Embrace your own development and when ready begin to learn supervisor skills
- Liaise with the supervisor regarding spares and repairs
- ISA / RYA Windsurf or Dinghy Instructor (preferably both) (minimum of 2 seasons)
- ISA / RYA Safety boat (strongly desirable)
- Sup Instructor (desirable)
- ISA / RYA Multihull Endorsement (desirable)
- Yachting experience/Qualifications (desirable)
- ISA / RYA Powerboat Instructor (desirable)
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Clean DBS check
- Experience working within a watersports operation
- Experience of being responsible for safety standards
- Previous customer service experience
- Skilled in safety and on the water rescue techniques
- Competent Swimmer
- Clean and tidy appearance
- Natural motivator
- Over 18 years of age
- Excellent customer service skills
- Valid UK or International driving license
What We Offer...
- Competitive Salary: With 2nd year increase for returning staff.
- Flights: To and from Greece at the start and end of your contract.
- Transfers in Greece: Between the airport and your accommodation at the start and end of your contract.
- Accommodation: 2 people in each bedroom with a communal kitchen and shared bathroom facilities.
- Utility Bills: Accommodation bills are paid by the Company.
- Insurance: Whilst working you are covered under our Public Liability and Professional Indemnity policies. In addition you will need to take out personal travel insurance for injury and belongings.
- Uniform: T-shirts are provided for working hours. Please provide your own clean, presentable, suitable shorts.
- Day Off: All staff work a six day week, with the exception of Flotilla Staff. Flotilla working patterns are detailed at interview.
- Holiday Allowance: In addition to one day off each week, you will receive a set number of holiday days, dependant on the length of your contract.
- Travel to Work: Transport options are provided for all staff working outside of the local area.
- Watersports Equipment: All staff have free access to all watersports equipment, in line with the Company safety policies and procedures.
- Yacht Use: All staff have free access to yachts, when booking availability allows and in line with the Company safety policies and procedures.
- Hotel facilities: All staff have free access to our beach club facilities such as swimming pools and table tennis.
- Watersports Staff Lunch: Lunch is provided at the beach clubs for all watersports staff on working days.
- Yacht Staff Lunch: Details are provided upon application or at interview.
- Staff Discount: All staff receive a discount on food and drink at our Beach Clubs.
- Activity Discounts: All staff receive discounts at our local partners for activities such as Scuba Diving, Waterski, Wakeboarding and Yoga.
- Friends and Family Discount for Trek Holidays: F&F discounts are available for use outside of peak season.
- Mystic Watersports Discount: All staff are entitled to 40% off RRP on Mystic Watersports apparel if purchasing through our Trek discount process.
- Training: All staff receive a comprehensive induction on arrival to ensure you are confident and happy in your job role. Throughout the season you will be offered further training and development opportunities.
- Training Bursary: All staff automatically qualify for a £50 training bursary towards job-related courses. In addition, all staff have the opportunity to apply for a 50% ‘grant’ for promotion related courses. This grant is only applicable to job related courses which help support the company aims.
- Bikes: Bikes are available for the duration of your contract. They are very basic but good enough to get around the local town on.
- Job Swap: As part of our commitment to staff development we offer hard-working staff the opportunity to sample different job roles throughout the season when operations allow.
The team is everything.
We want to employ people who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Whilst enjoying your work and the lifestyle that comes from living in Greece, you must always be respectful of those around you. This includes your teammates, our guests, our hotel staff, your landlord, your local neighbours and the local community as a whole. We are very fortunate to live and work in such a beautiful part of the world. We are very lucky to be welcomed into the local community. As such we only employ staff that we feel are mature enough to embrace the instructor lifestyle without causing upset or offence to our local friends and neighbours. If you are a mature, hard-working, enthusiastic and fun instructor, with a passion for watersports then we’d love to hear from you.