April to November ( possibly full year )
This is an incredible opportunity for the right individual to make their mark in the leisure industry and lead a small friendly team at both our water sports resorts in Greece.
The Activity Manager is responsible for all operations in resort, yachts and beach clubs. They will also work closely with our resort owners to ensure the same high standards are adhered to at our Hotels – a keen eye for detail is important.
The Activities Manager must always hold a presence and be recognised as the Manager by guests and staff alike. As an important part of the Trek team the Activities Manager will be the face of our company.
Key persons who you will be working alongside include our Operations Manager, Greek Operations, Resort Owners and Activities Assistant Manager.
You will be focused on excellent customer service and a friendly approachable style is incredibly important. Overseeing standards on the ground, liaising with local Greek operators and delegating to Trek-Adventures staff to make the most of everyone’s experience. You must be a fantastic communicator as you will oversee comms between the Uk office and in Resort.
Beach – We have 2 Beach Clubs in Kefalonia, with up to 80 people per week of various ages/abilities/backgrounds at each club.
Yachts – We have 2 Yacht Bases in Kefalonia; learn to sail and flotilla both with a fleet of yachts.
Flexibility in the job role is required as you are likely to undertake duties that are outside your normal role.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Develop a thorough understanding of our brand, overseas operations and products.
- Pre-season build-up and development of both resorts ready for opening
- Management and motivation of beach and yacht staff and guests -a happy team is everything
- Managing all local operations and team delegation
- Parts procurement and budget
- Administrative work – yacht/beach papers – fill/print/disperse
- Help organise IYT tests/processing
- Help Assistant Manager with organisation of beach staff rotas and activity programs
- Planning and organising pre-season and ongoing training programmes
- Collect and file health and safety audits and the updating of systems, SOP’s and the training of staff in all aspects of Health and Safety, with the Help of Head Office support
- Liaising with the Assistant Manager and Chief Watersports Instructor on the operations
- Initiating and coordinating systems for the entire beach and yacht operations
- Ensuring that the level of customer service, appearance of the staff and atmosphere on the beach is friendly, safe and enjoyable for the guests
- Beach Club introductions/welcome briefings.
- Always interact with guests on a formal and informal level.
- Communicate activities with clients by updating rooms notes, information files, notice boards and briefings.
- Help with logistics, specifically staff transportation and buying any products locally.
- Set, monitor and control all active operational budgets and financial accounting for the resort. Report budgets back to OM
- Covering for staff days off/illness if required.
- In charge of staff disciplinary procedures and decisions
- Socialising is expected on certain evenings, and during the day whilst on duty, both on the yacht pontoon and at the beach clubs.
- Show in’s to Accommodation
- Management or Team Leadership Experience within Hospitality or Watersports(up to 2 years preferable)
- Watersports Experience Desirable but not Essential
- RYA Powerboat L2 (If not acquired, course would need to be completed)
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Previous customer service experience
- Up to date with the watersports industry
- Over 24 years of age and hold a UK National Insurance and UK Bank Account
- Valid UK Driving License
What we offer
- Competitive salary with benefits, opportunity for winter work in UK office
- Return flights to/from UK (London airports)
- 1 Day off per week, holiday entitlement
- Friends and family holiday discount (out of high season school holiday periods)
- Integrity and a to be proud to work for Trek Adventures
- A mature approach to working with a small team
- Flexibility is key
- Ability to delegate to cover all jobs to a high standard
- Great organisation skills
- Self-motivation is needed!
- On-time, all the time
- Fantastic organisational skills
- Able to work under some pressure and solve problems
We pride ourselves in offering our staff a different experience. If you want to experience living in Greece and immersing yourself in Greek culture in a small community, you will love this job.
Please bear in mind that this job is suitable for someone who is happy to work within a small team, sometimes unsupervised. As well as working with our English team, you will be working alongside the local Greeks. Independence and maturity are therefore essential.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
Please send us an up to date CV along with a picture of yourself to email@example.com. Please ensure you clearly indicate the dates you are available from/to and include full contact details along with your DOB. Interviews will be held in Kingsbridge – Devon, or via Skype.