Activity Manager/Operations Manager
May – September
This is an incredible opportunity for the right individual to make their mark in the leisure industry and lead a small friendly team at both our water sports resorts in Greece.
The Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting the Activities Manager. They will also work closely with the Chief water sports Instructors and Chief Yacht to assist with all operations in the resort. Ability to be flexible and work in an adaptive position.
The Assistant Manager must be able to follow directions as well as work independently when required. When required you are to help oversee the operations of both Beach Clubs and yachts. As an important part of the Trek team you will be the face of our company.
Key persons who you will be working alongside include our Activities manager the Senior Instructors and Chief engineer.
Beach – We have 2 Beach Clubs in Kefalonia, with up to 80 people per week of various ages/abilities/backgrounds at each club.
Yachts – We have 2 Yacht Bases in Kefalonia; learn to sail and flotilla both with a fleet of yachts.
Flexibility in the job role is required as you are likely to undertake duties that are outside your normal role
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Develop a thorough understanding of our brand, overseas operations and products.
- Pre-season build-up and development of both resorts ready for opening
- Be a ‘run around’ for all jobs around our 4 locations – Assist bosun and Manager where needed.
- Carry out health and safety audits
- Collect paperwork to give to Activities Manager
- Overseeing the care and maintenance of all water sports equipment including day yachts. Collecting documentation and giving to Activities Manager
- Organisation of beach staff rotas and activity programs
- Organisation of beach staff throughout all aspects of their work
- Planning and organising pre-season and ongoing training programs and staff Jolly’s
- Carrying out health and safety audits and the updating of systems, SOP’s and the training of staff in all aspects of Health and Safety on the Beach, with the Help of Head Office support
- Liaising with the Chief Watersports Instructors on the operational side of the Beach/ chief instructor and engineer with yachts
- Initiating and coordinating systems for the entire beach operations
- Beach Club introductions/welcome briefings.
- Always interact with guests on a formal and informal level.
- Communicate activities with clients by updating rooms notes, information files, notice boards and briefings.
- Covering for staff days off/illness if required.
- Assist with of staff disciplinary procedures.
- Socialising is expected on certain evenings, and during the day whilst on duty, both on the yacht pontoon and at the beach clubs.
- Show ins to accommodation
- Leadership Experience (up to 2 years managing a small team preferable)
- Senior Instructor or Management experience desired
- Previous work within Water Sports Club or Hospitality industry
- Watersports Experience Desirable - Any of the following: Yacht/Dinghy/Windsurfing/SUP
- RYA Powerboat L2 (If not acquired, the course would need to be completed)
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- RYA Senior Instructor – Dinghy OR Windsurf
- Strong Maintenance skills
- Yacht experience
- Previous customer service experience
- Up to date with the watersports industry
- Over 24 years of age and hold a UK National Insurance and UK Bank Account
- Valid UK Driving License
What we offer
- Competitive salary with benefits
- Return flights to/from UK (London airports)
- Lunches provided on days working. Allowance for breakfast
- 1 Day off per week, holiday entitlement
- Friends and family holiday discount (out of high season school holiday periods)
- Integrity and a to be proud to work for Trek Adventures
- A mature approach to working with a small team
- Flexibility is key
- Ability to delegate to cover all jobs to a high standard
- Great organisation skills
- Self-motivation is needed!
- On-time, all the time
- Fantastic organisational skills
- Able to work under some pressure and solve problems
We pride ourselves in offering our staff a different experience. If you want to experience living in Greece and immersing yourself in Greek culture in a small community, you will love this job.
Please bear in mind that this job is suitable for someone who is happy to work within a small team, sometimes unsupervised. As well as working with our English team, you will be working alongside the local Greeks. Independence and maturity are therefore essential.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
Please send us an up to date CV along with a picture of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure you clearly indicate the dates you are available from/to and include full contact details along with your DOB. Interviews will be held in Kingsbridge – Devon, or via Skype.