Brexit & EU Travel Advice

European Flag with Question mark

As a holiday company that operates in the EU, Brexit is of course quite important to us.

We feel it is important to keep our customers up to date as best we can. For any customers worried about Brexit and how it might affect their holiday, we have put together the following information.

Latest News 31/01/2020

As of the 31st of January 2020, the United Kingdom has left the European Union. We are now in the transition period which will last till 31st December 2020. The good news is that until this date, everything will remain as it was before our departure from the EU.

What will happen to flights after Brexit?

airplane at airport

Flights will continue to operate as normal till 31st December 2020

What about my passport, DO I need a visa?


Your passport is still valid for travel in Europe and UK passport holders DO NOT need a visa to travel in the EU.

The previous advice to travellers regarding passports which included having at least 6 months left on your passport is no longer required, however, it is a good rule of thumb to maintain when travelling within the EU.

The government has produced a free tool should you have concerns about your passport. Click here to use it.

If your passport is due to expire this year we would recommend getting it renewed as soon as possible as the renewable process can take up to 6 weeks.

European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) & Travel Insurance?

All customers on a Trek Adventures Holiday SHOULD NOT rely on an EHIC for medical cover

It is a requirement of your holiday with us that you have travel insurance that covers all the activities you can undertake on our holidays and as such have suitable medical cover.

If you do not have travel insurance, you can purchase it by clicking here. The insurance package we have arranged with MPI Insurance Brokers is designed to cover all the activities we offer to our guests.

I’m planning to hire a car whilst on holiday, IS my drivers’ license still be valid?

Adult driving car

As long as you have a full UK driving licence, you don’t currently need an additional licence to drive in the EU. This will not change following 31 January 2020. An International Driving Permit will not be required, and you do not need a GB sticker or a Green Card for car insurance.



After 31st December 2020 we expect that some things may change based on the deals that the UK will agree with the EU. As and when the government announces these deals this page will be updated accordingly. If you have any further questions about your holiday, please do not hesitate to contact us.