KEFALONIA FULL SEASON
Sailing Manager / Yacht Supervisor
Employment from May until mid/end September
Working under the Sailing Manager and Yacht Supervisor in this hands-on role, you will be responsible for the teaching of our Learn to Sail courses, ensuring that courses are delivered to Sea-Trek and IYT guidelines. You’ll work alongside our other yacht trainers so excellent customer service and a friendly approachable style is incredibly important. Some basic maintenance of the fleet of yachts will be required, ensuring standards are maintained to a high level.
With up to 45 guests per week of various ages/abilities/backgrounds on the yachts good social skills along with patience are paramount. Flexibility in the job role is required as you are likely to undertake duties that are outside your normal role.
As well as working with our English team, you will be working alongside the local Greek staff. Independence and maturity are therefore essential. On the few days that the yachts are free sailing you might be required to help out on the beach at our busy water sports club.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Welcoming and showing guests on board yachts on arrival with a comprehensive arrival/safety briefing.
- Overall presentation of the fleet of yachts throughout the week with attention to detail
- Running 3 day intro to yacht sailing courses on 30′ to 36′ yachts under the IYT syllabus (ICC), and working with ICC coursework and tests.
- On free sailing days on duty cover making sure clients are happy to sail by themselves and briefing them on the conditions.
- Rescue cover in our support ribs for the free sailing days with on-going coaching and help mooring yachts in harbour and on anchor.
- Some socialising in the evenings is expected on certain evenings, both on the pontoon and at the beach club.
- General on going maintenence of the fleet of yachts with Yacht Supervisor.
- RYA COASTAL SKIPPER (practical certification as a minimum)
- Sailing Instructional Experience in dinghy/yacht (essential)
- RYA Powerboat L2
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Some basic Yacht Maintenance experience
- Competent Swimmer
- Good Team Member with good social skills
- Over 20 years of age and hold a UK National Insurance No. and UK Bank Account
- Valid UK Driving License (desirable)
What we offer
- Competitive salary with benefits
- Return flights to/from UK (London airports)
- Shared accommodation for duration of contract
- Food Allowance on instruction days
- 1 Day off per week
- Friends and family holiday discount (out of high season school holiday periods)
- Progressive training
- Winter ski opportunities
We pride ourselves in offering our staff a different experience than the larger watersports clubs. If you want to experience living in Greece and immersing yourself in Greek culture in a small community, you will love this job.
All ages are welcome to apply for this position. But please bear in mind that this job is suitable for someone who is happy to work within a small team, sometimes unsupervised. As well as working with our English team, you will be working alongside the local Greeks. Independence and maturity are therefore essential.
Does this sound like you?
Please send us an up to date CV along with a picture of yourself to: email@example.com . Please ensure you clearly indicate the dates you are available from/to, and include full contact details along with you DOB. Interviews will be held in Kingsbridge – Devon, or via Skype.