KEFALONIA FULL SEASON
Employment from May until October in Kefalonia, Greece
In this exciting, varied and independent role you will be the key representative of Trek-Adventures, maintaining and developing our succesful brand, ensuring overall client satisfaction and staff development.
The Activities Supervisor has the overall “off the water” responsibility for both clients and staff, ensuring the welfare of both, implementing and maintaining standards to a high level at our beach club hotels, ensuring safety for guests and staff is ensured, and most importantly making sure that a great holiday is being delivered in a very happy working environment.
Key persons who you will be working alongside include our Kefalonia Manager, Sailing Manager and Beach club hotel owners/staff.
With up to 150 people per week of various ages/abilities/backgrounds, excellent customer service and a friendly approachable style is incredibly important.
Flexibility in the job role is required as you are likely to undertake duties that are outside your normal role.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Develop a thorough understaning of our brand, overseas operation and products
- Ensure a safe and happy environment for clients/staff
- Develop positive working relationships with other staff, managers and Greek suppliers
- Organise/host social events/ deliver briefings
- Interact with guests on a formal and informal level at all times
- Help train/motivate/appraise staff throughout the season
- Weekly reports and continued feedback to other mangers
- Front of house duties such as hotel reception, occasonial bar work and administration duties
- Help with logistics, specifically staff transportation and buying any products locally
- Ensure operational standards are adheared to at all times
- Communicate activities with clients by updating rooms notes, information files, notice boards and briefings
- Assist with any complaint handling
- Help with arrivals/departures logistics
- Organise hospital/doctors assistance if required for clients/staff
- Basic accountants/paperwork/ handling cash
- Covering for staff days off/illness if required
- Help with staff disciplinary procedures
- Work closely with Hotel owners and yacht staff so that accomodation and yachts are presented in a first class order
- Welcome guests to rooms on arrival or (ensure staff are available to do show-ins) with a comprehensive arrival briefing.
- Hold weekly team meetings, and deal with day to day matters that arise with running a small team. You will work closely with the Kefalonia Manager/Sailing Manager on all staff matters including staff rotas.
- Socialising is expected on certain evenings, and during the day whilst on duty, both on the yacht pontoon and at the beach clubs.
- Previous work experience in a similar role within the travel industry ( abroad and in the activity holiday sector preferred )
- An excellent customer service record with first class communication skills
- Ability to manage, develop and work together with a small team
- A good decision maker who can work also work alone if necessary
- Up to date with the water sports industry and keen to learn and participate in the activities we provide
- Competent Swimmer
- Over 23 years of age and must hold a UK National Insurance No. and UK Bank Account
- Valid UK Driving License (essential)
What we offer
- Competitive salary with benefits
- Return flights to/from UK (London airports)
- Shared accommodation for duration of contract
- 1 Day off per week
- Friends and family holiday discount (out of high season school holiday periods)
- Progressive training
- Winter ski opportunities
We pride ourselves in offering our staff a different experience than the larger watersports clubs. If you want to experience living in Greece and immersing yourself in Greek culture in a small community, you will love this job.
All ages are welcome to apply for this position. But please bear in mind that this job is suitable for someone who is happy to work within a small team, sometimes unsupervised. As well as working with our English team, you will be working alongside the local Greeks. Independence and maturity are therefore essential.
Does this sound like you?
Please send us an up to date CV along with a picture of yourself to: email@example.com . Please ensure you clearly indicate the dates you are available from/to, and include full contact details along with you DOB. Interviews will be held in Kingsbridge – Devon, or via Skype.